|National Play Therapy Week
National Play Therapy Week starts February 4th through the 10th. This is a time to highlight and promote the importance of play therapy, credentialed play therapists, and the Association for Play Therapy.
Ideas for promoting National Play Therapy Week in Your Community:
- Send out news release to your local paper announcing National Play Therapy week activities in your community.
- Share these YouTube videos: “Play Therapy Works”, “Introducing Andrew”, or “Meet Andres” (Spanish) with family, friends, and colleagues via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media including your local media.
- Share your photo on social media using the signs “I Use Play Therapy Because..” and “I Am a Registered Play Therapist Because..“.
- Contribute to the Foundation for Play Therapy by making a tax-exempt charitable contribution toward funding research initiatives. Show your support by purchasing products like a car magnet “Play Therapy Works” or “My Work is Child’s Play” or white boards – proceeds go directly to the Foundation.
- Arrange for you or a colleague to be interviewed by a local paper or station, highlighting your work as a play therapist.
- Offer to present a workshop on play therapy at your place of employment.
- Contact other play therapy colleagues in your area about offering a workshop or seminar open to the public.
- Order and distribute FREE “Why Play Therapy” brochures (English or Spanish) from the APT Store.
- Share APT’s Parents Corner with your clients. This page serves as a great resource for introducing play therapy and child mental health to parents and caregivers.
OAPT wants to hear how you’re celebrating National Play Therapy Week. If you have a planned event or program promoting play therapy please send a brief summary of your event to email@example.com for entry in our quarterly newsletter.